16 March 2010

White Bean and Bread Soup

Sorry for the delay with the postings of (mostly beige) newly-tried recipes.  It is not that I've been slacking on the making of new recipes... I've just not had a lot of time to write about them.


The biggest surprise recipe in the last week was when I made one from the Washington Post for a White Bean and Bread Soup.  The recipe calls for Bellota ham which, and this probably comes as no surprise, I did not have on hand.  But what was lurking in the back of the refrigerator was some Surryano ham -- a Virginia-made Serrano-style ham -- which was certainly an adequate substitute as far as I'm concerned.

I also used some Virginia country ham instead of the Bellota ham scraps that were called for in the recipe.  So, even with the more pedestrian substitutions, the soup was very tasty.  And easy.  And quick to make.  And RWT really liked it.   Definitely a recipe to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment