23 March 2010

Tapas Experiment #1

I made Spanish-Style Meatballs for dinner last night and they came out really well.  In fact, so well that I will use the recipe as I made it for the gourmet club dinner.  Yeah, not much experimentation was required for this one.

But that is not saying I did not make some changes to the recipe I used as a starting point (click on the "Printable Version" link to get a fun surprise!).  I tweaked the spice levels (I did not want the nutmeg and cinnamon to be too prevalent), used a bit more meat (because it came in 1-pound packages).  I also used the milk-soaked bread method rather than dry breadcrumbs.  And, for the sauce, be sure to chop the onions finely and substitute red pepper flakes for cayenne (feel free to use more -- I was aiming for a gentle heat since it will be served to a varied group of people).

The next experiment will be Manchego-Stuffed Dates. Warm or room temperature?  Ham-wrapped or not? Sprinkled with sea salt or truffle honey or ???  Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment