16 March 2010

Fried Chickpea Patties With Sesame Seed Sauce (Revithokeftedes me Tahini Saltsa)


I ran across this recipe for Fried Chickpea Patties With Sesame Seed Sauce and it sounded too good not to try.  However, it ended up being a bit of a disappointment.  But I think it was more my fault than any issues with the recipe.  

I suspect I whirred the garbanzos too long in the food processor because the texture of the patties was somewhat pasty.  I also had a difficult time keeping the oil at a temperature that  was hot enough to keep the patties from absorbing oil, but not so hot that they got too brown.

The best part of the dish was the accompanying tahini sauce.  While uber-garlicky, it was totally delicious.  So I'll probably keep looking for a recipe for better patties, but I'll definitely use that sauce again.  Maybe with my favorite eggplant patties.

No comments:

Post a Comment