04 February 2010

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

The Condensed Milk Pound Cake recipe from The Sweet Spot did not disappoint.  In fact, it is the best pound cake I've ever eaten.  By far.  You probably now realize how I adore that lovely sweet dairy taste and this cake has it.  But don't worry, it is not overwhelming, simply a subtle goodness.  While this cake is delicious on its own, it would definitely play well with other accompaniments such as peaches or strawberries or...

I did not follow the recipe as written when it came to the mixing since my food processor bowl was in the dishwasher after making Kimchi, Take 2 (the not salty enough sequel to Kimchi, Take 1).  I used my stand mixer, increased the time for beating the butter/sugar, added the eggs (one at a time) and then added the dry ingredients, mixing only enough to incorporate the flour.  The cake baked up beautifully.  And was just the right amount of batter for my new 10-cup bundt pan.  The one thing I would do differently would be to knock the batter-filled pan a few more times on the counter before  baking to make sure all the nooks and crannies of the pan are filled with batter.

Previously, my favorite pound cake recipe came from Cook's Illustrated, but this recipe is now my go-to Pound Cake.  Great taste, great texture and easy to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment