29 January 2010

My Latest Kitchen Acquisition


 

[Thanks to SPM for the gift certificate!!!]

I think I might try this recipe for Condensed Milk Pound Cake as the inaugural cake.  I have the cookbook this recipe came from (The Sweet Spot, which I highly recommend) and it is full of very interesting recipes.

Other possible new recipes for next week are Buffalo Chicken Dip and a Chocolate Filling for the project alluded to here.  It will have to be a light week for trying new recipes because I also need to bake at least three varieties of bread (Pain a l'Anncienne, Sourdough and Pecan/Raisin Rye) for a cheese platter I'm taking to a social function next Saturday and also a couple of batches of cookies for a military family with a child (recipient) & husband (donor) both recovering from a liver-transplant procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment