08 February 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

As is appropriate for Super Bowl Sunday, I made Buffalo Chicken...  Dip.  Served it on sourdough toasts.  It was good, but something seemed to be missing.  I tried it cold when I first mixed it together and thought it tasted a little better (even though I abhor cold chicken), but it did not have the greatest  mouth-feel cold.  What I will probably do if I make this again is to stir some chopped celery leaves and possibly some cider vinegar into it since I think the flavors it is missing are "green" and tart.

I got the recipe from this blog, but ended up altering a few things.  I used three baked (with salt and pepper) boneless skinless chicken breasts (that I cooked at home) instead of the rotisserie chicken.  I shredded the chicken breasts and mixed them with Tabasco sauce, but nowhere near the 1/2 cup of hot sauce called for.  I just added it to taste until the chicken was sufficiently spicy.  And then I used Homemade Ranch Dressing  in place of the store-bought ranch and blue cheese dressing.  I mixed the ranch dressing with the cream cheese, then added the blue cheese, then added the chicken.  Also, I put it together earlier in the day and kept it in the refrigerator, so it was pretty well chilled and took nearly 40 minutes to heat through. 


I asked RWT what he thought would make it better and he suggested deconstructing it...  into spicy chicken, served with a blue cheese sauce.  Ha-ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment