08 February 2010

Homemade Ranch Dressing

Since I refuse to use store-bought ranch dressing because of all the junk they put in it, I needed to make my own for the Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe.  There are zillions of recipes on the internet for ranch dressing and the one below is the combination of a few recipes.  I did not have any chives (dried or otherwise) on hand, so I omitted them this time, but I've left them in the recipe below since I think they'd be a good addition to the dressing.

Homemade Ranch Dressing

1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
pinch black pepper
pinch salt

Mix them all together and refrigerate for at least an hour for fthe lavors to meld.  Thin with more buttermilk if you'd like a thinner dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment