25 January 2010

Recipe Sources

So where am I finding all these new recipes?

I get recipes delivered to by inbox every week from Epicurious and King Arthur Flour. And delivered to my mailbox from Cook's Illustrated and Sunset (I still subscribe to it even though it is a "western living" magazine -- I've found nothing on the east coast to match it, especially when it comes to cooking and gardening). Wednesday's Washington Post contains the Food Section, although it pales in comparison to the ones from the Los Angeles Times and, especially, the San Francisco Chronicle.

For additional inspiration, I've become fond of
Food Gawker which has gorgeous pictures of some really interesting and different dishes. It draws from a lot of sources which saves time that would otherwise be spent searching through various blogs. Nearly all the items are submitted by readers (as I understand it), but it appears they have pretty high standards in what they accept and publish on their site. 

And when I can't find a "new" recipe, I look through my "old" recipes. Like that Tasty Toaster Tarts recipe I printed out nearly two years ago. I have stacks of printed/torn-out recipes from various sources  (some in binders, but the majority are in a couple of large piles) and a few bookcases of cookbooks (that I keep adding to!) . So no excuses for me -- there is a surplus of recipes to try.



The semi-popular cookbooks.  
(The rarely-used ones are in another bookcase in the office and the favorite cookbooks are downstairs in the kitchen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment