10 June 2005

[Technical Difficulties, Please Stand By]

I have received an inquiry as to how is the easiest way to know when I've posted something new here on my blog. A couple of options that I have personal experience with:

When I want to keep up on changes to a website (such as when ColeHaan.com puts new shoes on their sale page), I use a service called Watch That Page. It is free, you just need to sign up with an email account. Then you can enter the address for the page you are interested in and whenever something new is added to that page, Watch That Page will send you a notification via email. The only downside is that it is not immediate since the Watch That Page computer only checks for changes once a day.

Or, if you look in the bottom right corner of your browser window and you see a little orange square with a white dot and a couple of curved white lines, you have the option of using a Live Bookmark for this site. Click on it, follow the directions to add a Live Bookmark to your bookmark list, and then when you scroll over it the bookmark with your mouse, you can see if there are any new topics posted. Unlike the above option, this will show changes immediately. The downside -- you'll need to check yourself (but you won't have to open the page to do so) and Live Bookmarks do not work in Microsoft Internet Explorer (to my knowledge).

Lastly, I am making the attempt to post pretty much daily, but you know how real life can occasionally take precedence over the virtual world. So just stop on by and there should be something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment