08 April 2010

Malted Milk Ball Blondies

This one is still a work in progress...  a couple of weeks ago, I made the Malted Milk Ball Blondies from Baked, New Frontiers in Baking by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito.  I thought they were a little too sweet and a smidge greasy.  Also, while they had good malt flavor immediately after baking, it had disappeared by the next day.  

Although everyone liked the first batch, I made them again the next week and used less sugar, less butter and upped the malt powder (and decreased the flour because of the changes in  amounts of butter/malt powder).  But then they were too dry and not quite sweet enough.  Not really an improvement (however, my guinea pigs liked that batch too).  At least the malt flavor was a little more pronounced.

I'll probably make these yet again since I love all things malted, but I think I will try to find another blondie recipe that produces the nice chewy blondies that I like and tweak that by adding chopped malted milk balls and malt powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment