08 April 2010

Garlic Scallion Noodles

No, I'm not falling behind in making new recipes, I'm just lagging in blogging about them.  Why?  Spending too much time out watching the birdies.  What else?!?

I made this recipe for Garlic Scallion Noodles the other night.  It sounded great.  And also quick and easy.  And I had everything on hand.  But, unfortunately, both RWT and I found it disappointing.  

It was a little bland and I found the sweetness (I added the lessor amount of brown sugar) a little odd in this application even though I usually like savory/sweet combinations.  Perhaps it was missing acid?  There is some leftover and maybe I'll give it a splash of black vinegar when I finish it off.

No pictures for this one, the ones in the link above are much nicer than I could ever take.

No comments:

Post a Comment