12 September 2006

Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut

After fifteen-plus years of marriage, I am pretty much accustomed to RWT’s spontaneous and rather arcane pursuits…

RWT: “I think I’ll build a sailboat”
MKT: “Sure, honey.”

RWT: “Will please record the weights of all the veggies you pick from the garden so I can run a cost analysis?”
MKT: “Sure, honey.”

RWT: “I’m going to make hammocks to give to our relatives for Christmas.”
MKT: “Sure, honey.”

RWT: “After I retire, I plan on auditioning for Cirque de Soleil.”
MKT: “Sure, honey.”

RWT: “We need to collect all of these acorns and have an acorn side dish this year at Thanksgiving.”
MKT: “Sure, honey.”

As with most of his ideas, I have not a clue as to the origin. I’m not sure if the latest is merely a side-effect of his not getting any REM sleep because acorns have been raining down on the roof of our house for the last three days. Or perhaps it is some sort of karmic payback for the tree dropping a limb on our car. But, whatever the cause, I see acorn processing in my immediate future. I’ll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment