23 June 2006

More Guilt

Okay, this blog has become a total source of guilt for me. I feel bad when I don’t find the time to post things here, but I also feel bad spending all sorts of time writing things to post here.

Bad, bad, bad. But not bad enough to change anything.

It brings to mind my favorite passage from Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”:

Mr. Bennet: Say nothing of that. Who should suffer but myself? It has been my own doing, and I ought to feel it.

Elizabeth: You must not be too severe on yourself.

Mr. Bennet: You may well warn me against such an evil. Human nature is so prone to fall into it! No, Lizzy, let me once in my life feel how much I have been to blame. I am not afraid of being overpowered by the impression. It will pass away soon enough.

For those who have not already heard my tale of woe, the owners of the house we are renting are returning to the area in August, so we will have to move to a new house. We found a place only about eight blocks away and will take possession on the 29th of June. So for the immediate future, I will probably be too busy moving to even think about my blog and too tired to feel any guilt over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment